Dec 30 2007
After struggling to keep this a secret I can now make this exciting announcement!
Our aim for this project is “empowering, encouraging, supporting and promoting Aussie Bloggers and the Australian blogosphere in general”.
To get the community established, we’ve gathered together a team of passionate, community minded Australian bloggers who have demonstrated a willingness to help other bloggers and are working towards raising the profile of blogging in Australia.
These bloggers will contribute posts for the blog, and serve as moderators in the forum. Many have been working very hard behind the scenes in getting the forum established.
The Establishment Team
- Snoskred from Life in the Country
- Meg from Dipping into the Blogpond
- Andrew from On Blogging Australia
- Christine from Semfire Search Engine Marketing
- Karen from Miscellaneous Adventures of an Aussie Mum
- Gavin from Servant of Chaos
- Lani from Blogging Personal (launching in January 2008)
- Jen from Semantically Driven
- Lightening from Lightening Online
- Sue from Blogging Sueblimely
- Squadron from SEO Blog
- Kelley from Magneto Bold Too
- John from Disassociated
- Cellobella from SultanaBlog
- Martin from Small Office Australia
- Steve from AcidLabs
- Stephen from More Than Scratch the Surface
- Colin from Adelaide Green Porridge Cafe
A special mention to:
- Snoskred who has shouldered the brunt of the admin work in getting the blog and forum “just right” (and neglecting her own blog in the process)
- Snoskred’s “other half” – the quiet type working behind the scenes with the technical stuff
- Sephyroth (an Aussie in training) who has been posting many helpful topics at the forum
- Lani for the hours and work she has put in at the forum
- Squadron for assembling a video for our launch (below).
While this website is targeted towards Aussie Bloggers, non Australians are also welcome:
You don’t have to be an Aussie to join the forums, in fact if you are interested in blogging at all you’ll want to join. Unlike other forums out there on the web, questions are welcome and you will find lots of friendly Aussies willing to help. Helping out mates is part of the Aussie way, after all.
We’re all very excited about this community and looking forward to seeing you there.
25 Responses to “Drumroll Please – Introducing the Aussie Bloggers Community Project”